In the ever-evolving world of beauty and fashion, new trends are constantly emerging, captivating beauty enthusiasts and professionals alike. One such trend that has been making waves in recent years is BIAB nails. If you’re not familiar with the term, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this blog, we’ll delve into the world of BIAB nails, exploring what they are, their benefits, and why they have become a game-changer in the nail industry.
What Does BIAB stand for?
BIAB stands for ‘Builder In A Bottle’. Also known as ‘Cover Pink’ or ‘Hard Gel’, BIAB nails are a revolutionary system that combines the ease of application of regular nail polish with the strength of durability of gel extensions. This innovative product is a gel-based formula that is applied directly to the natural nails, providing a solid foundation for shaping and extending the nails.
The application process of BIAB nails typically involves several steps:
- Preparation: As with any nail service, the natural nails are cleaned, shaped and the cuticles are pushed back.
- Base Coat: A base coat of BIAB gel is applied to the nails. This acts as a foundation providing strength to the natural nail.
- Building: The nail technician will use the BIAB gel to build and shape the nails. The gel is applied in thin layers to create the desired length and thickness.
- Curling: After each layer of BIAB gel is applied, the nails are cured under a UV or LED lamp to harden the gel and ensure its longevity.
- Buffing And Shaping: Once the desired shape and length are achieved, the nails are buffed and shaped to perfection.
- Finishing: A top coat is applied to seal the BIAB nails, leaving them with a glossy finish.
The Benefits Of BIAB Nails
- Strength And Durability: BIAB nails are known for their exceptional strength and durability. They offer better protection for the natural nails compared to regular nail polish, reducing the risk of breakage and chipping.
- Natural Look: Unlike traditional acrylic or hard gel extensions, BIAB nails provide a more natural appearance. The gel is thinner, and the nails feel lighter on the fingers, making them more comfortable to wear.
- Time-Saving: BIAB nails can be applied more quickly than traditional extensions, as the product is built onto the natural nails. This is great for those who want beautiful, long lasting nails without spending hours in the salon.
- Less Damage: BIAB nails cause less damage to the natural nails compared to some nail enhancement methods, if removed correctly, the natural nails should remain healthy and undamaged.
- Versatility: BIAB nails are versatile and can be tailored to suit individual preferences. Whether you prefer short and natural looking nails or long and dramatic ones, BIAB can achieve the desired outcome.
Maintenance And Removal:
BIAB nails require regular maintenance, like any other nail enhancement. Most people find that they can go 3 to up to 4 weeks before ever needing an infill, depending on nail growth and personal habits.
As for removal, it’s crucial to seek professional assistance. Removing BIAB nails at home can lead to damage if not done properly. A nail technician will know the best method for safe and gentle removal, preceding the health of your natural cycle.